Forums

PythonAnywhere Server Down Again?

My website is down, getting a 502 backend error at the PythonAnywhere screen. Is there yet another server down?

We did have some trouble with another few servers that have since been fixed.

Are they down again? My website - chats.pythonanywhere.com has been taking nearly 10 seconds to load and the socketio requests timed out because they take more than 4 seconds! Is there a reason for this slowness?

There does not appear to be any general issues with PythonAnywhere at the moment. Your webapp only has one worker, so if it's busy handling a request, a new request will be put in a queue to wait until the worker is available. Check your access logs and the response_time shown there is how long the request actually took to process. If your requests appear to be taking longer than the response_time indicates, then it's because they are queued.

It says "OSError: write error"

That occurs when the client disconnects before the response has been fully sent.

But I waited for a long time in chrome and eventually it said 400 bad request. Stack Overflow told me that socketio timeout is 4 secs, about as long as I waited

400 bad request is not a timeout error, though -- what do you see if you look (in the Chrome developer tools) at the response body for the requests that are failing with that status code?

What is the response body?

If you want to try yourself, log in with the username StackOverflow and the password StackOverflow.

duplicate of this post

I know, I did it. I made that post because I wasn't getting answers on this one. Can you answer me on that one?

Idk what is going on with this server... Anyone else?

What happens?