Forums

OT --- OUCH!!!!!!!

For anyone that didn't know, Having a joint replaced starts out painful!!

I'm doing well and still looking forward to more frequent smiles...

A stock photo of my new elbow currently hiding under a surgical cast:

Not something you'd want to do often

͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

Holy crap! You're going to be fun at airport security checks!

But seriously, good luck.

@glenn: Yes, apparently the worst thing is getting this surgery done when you can't afford a private plane. Then again we should all figure out ways of smashing out most of our code in bright sandy places (or your preferred equivalent)...

͡° ͜ʖ ͡°

@a2j

"Then again we should all figure out ways of smashing out most of our code in bright sandy places"

Hmm, if only there was something like PA - oh, wait a minute...

Get well soon!

@jgmdavies: Thank-you!!

@All: I have an appointment this afternoon to have my surgical cast and staples (if the wound looks ready) removed as well. I really don't know all of what may happen at this appointment, so I'll just have to report back.

Anyone wishing to pray for me the appointment is scheduled for 1940 (7:40 pm) PA time. For those who aren't full blooded PA yet, PA time is known by the few as UTC.

Hope it goes well, a2j! That looks like it must have been extremely non-fun.

Things are looking up, but you definitely wouldn't want to be around during my Physical Therapy.

How long will that go on for?

Initial schedule is for 28 days. If that goes as well as possible it could be the end of it. Just depends on the evaluation. Mostly I think it comes down to how much I'm willing to self inflict pain during the process in addition to how well my body wants to heal. I'm definitely working it hard so if it can be over, it will be!!

Well, good luck!

Thanks mate!!

͡° ͜ʖ ͡°