Forums

Create web app is in django 1.3.7 and startproject command executes in django 1.4.1

HI ,

I am trying to develop web app in django1.4. whenever i am clicking the new web app application it is creating in django 1.3.7, let us say the project name is "sample1" and it is running on username.pythonanywhere.com , but from bash i have installed the django 1.4 and while executing the django-admin.py startproject project_name command,i was getting the project in django 1.4 only, let us assume it is "sample2" , but how can i host this "sample2" 1.4 project to run on my username.pythonanywhere.com instead of defaulty running "sample1" app.

Hi there -- here's our guide on how to use a later version of Django with PythonAnywhere. It's targeted at version 1.5, but the changes you need to make for 1.4 should be pretty obvious.

In bash console I am working on django1.4 but when i am reloading my application from "web" in dashboard, application was still running in 1.3.7 even though i have made the changes as above to django 14.

ImportError at /
cannot import name patterns
Request Method: GET
Request URL:    http://gopikrishna.pythonanywhere.com/
Django Version: 1.3.7
Exception Type: ImportError
Exception Value:    
cannot import name patterns
Exception Location: /home/Gopikrishna/smartlogis2/smartlogis2/urls.py in <module>, line 1
Python Executable:  /usr/local/bin/uwsgi
Python Version: 2.7.4

for the reference please check the link of my app created in django 1.4(see Exception Location)

I just looked at it now, and it seems OK -- perhaps you've fixed it since you made this post?