Forums

Recover deleted directory

I committed a big mistake 2 days ago.. working with the shell I removed a directory that keep my personal app.

Please, I need to restore the backup of 'uFinance' directory under my home directory.

This directory is very important for me and it was a fail of my part to not backup it (actually I made backups but removed the backups aswell with an "rm -rf uFinance" command).

I aprreciate your help!! Thanks!!

We don't officially support point-in-time recovery of files but we should be able to sort something out for you. Can you confirm that the backups from before 2016-12-24 at 23:34 UTC will have the files? That's exactly 48 hours before you did your post above.

Oh giles, thanks for your help!!

It's an web app to track my expenses/incomes. I don't care about the database (I can't re-add the transactions), but for the structure of my app. So I'm sure that restoring the backup from day 2016-12-20 could be fine.

Thanks!!

OK -- that's recovered for you.

Thank you!!

Glad to help!

i deleted folder in my pythonanywhere.can u recover

i deleted folder in my pythonanywhere.can u recover

We can, but it can take some time -- up to a couple of days -- because our backups are optimised for recovering from a hardware failure instead of managing point-in-time recovery.

If you'd like to go ahead, use the "Send feedback" link above and let us know

• What the path to the folder is.
  • When exactly you deleted it (so we know which backup set to recover it from).

ım delete mani folder how can ı get back ??

@frogmarmaris -- I believe we have a conversation over email, let's keep it there.

I deleted folder in my pythonanywhere. can u recover

/home/andy336699/andy336699/

I deleted it at about June 27, 2021, 4:00 a.m

THANK YOU

We don't officially support point-in-time recovery of files but we should be able to sort something out for you. Please email us and confirm the date that your files last existed.

Hi I just deleted an entire folder by mistake about 10 minutes ago. The folder was called:

/home/petermenegay/web2py/applications/solvercad_nologin_gui

Is it possible to restore this?

Thank you, Peter

yeah its possible , u need back pythonanywhere team , and say whic date and time u need back , i think they can help u

@petermenegay Please send us a message to support@pythonanywhere.com with the path and date when you lost the directory, and we'll see what we can do.

Thanks to both of you for responding. I did this and, indeed, support has restored my directory. Much appreciated!

No problem, glad to help!

Can you please recover my .local directory? I accidentally deleted it.

@jetsunnalgonda Please send us a message to support@pythonanywhere.com with the date when you lost the directory, and we'll see what we can do.