Forums

Custom domain settings not showing

I recently upgraded to the paid account on PythonAnywhere and I'm trying to setup my custom domain. My domain is with GoDaddy. I setup a CNAME for www to point to my PythonAnywhere account. I imagined that would be it, but since it wasn't working, I looked around and saw this thread: https://www.pythonanywhere.com/forums/topic/125/

According to that thread ... ...once you've upgraded to a Hosting or Pro account, you'll see a new form at the bottom of the Web tab where you can give us the domain name(s) you want to host, along with instructions on how to configure your DNS settings to make it all work.

However, I don't see any such form on my Web tab. I went to my Account settings to verify my payment and it shows my paid account correctly (Web Developer). Can you please let me know how to get this working?

Hi alqabas,

That forum post is a bit out of date and refers to an old user interface. Now you just add a webapp, it asks you which domain name you want to use at that point.

Thanks hansel. In my case, I had first created the app using the free account (using a manual configuration). Now, I've upgraded to the paid account and want to add the custom domain. How would I go about doing that?

You have to create a new web app. Use the manual settings rather than a quickstart, and then copy the contents of the original apps wsgi file into the new one. You will have to PythonAnywhere web apps. Both will be pointing at the same code base.

That worked! Thanks hansel!