Forums

itch.io whitelist

Hi. I'm trying to set up a simple Continious Integration server on free PythonAnywhere account.

I'm doing that by recieving a callback from Unity Cloud Build, and using a linux binary executable (butler) provided by itch.io to push the zip file to itch.io.

Unfortunately I can't do that because itch.io is not whitelisted, therefore I can't authorize butler to push.

Is it possible to add itch.io to whitelist?

Hi there, we'd be happy to add it to the whitelist if you give us the api documentation showing the exact endpoint that needs to be whitelisted.

Their API is sparse and is accessed through several different endpoints.

The first one that I need is: itch.io/user/oauth

The second is used by butler (console app, that is provided by itch). I'm not sure what it contacts in particular, but if you add oauth to whitelist, I'd be able to test and provide to you. If it is OK.

Is there a link to the itch api?

I'm trying to explain.

There is no unified API.

There is one for authorization. - I've told the endpoint. As far as I'm aware it's only listed in the butler app code on github, not on the site.

One for queries. One for javascript (as a .js file, irrelevant here). = https://itch.io/docs/api/overview

And one is used by their app. As far as I'm aware it can be used by 3rd party, there there are no dedicated documentation on it.

Each one has different endpoint.

So, what I need is to get authorization endpoint whitelisted. That way, when I'll try to use butler, it will authorize and proceed to pushing my build. So, either it will succed and I'm done, or it will fail at that and I hope to get an error message telling me what endpoint it has tried to access.

ah i see. I've whitelisted itch.io for you. hopefully that will work?

used lynx

with no luck

Is it impossible to connect to a specific port on localhost? itch.io tries to return auth data back to the app. Or have I encountered non-service related problem?

No unfortunately you won't be able to get an external service to connect to a specific port on the console.

If it's just a one-off authorization maybe you could authorize locally first and use the auth token or something on PythonAnywhere? Not sure.

Thought of it before starting this thread. Unfortunately butler doesn't simply check for a file, but uses some weird stuff in order to learn whether it has one which I don't quite comprehend.

So, I guess I'd start thinking of another way to do that. Maybe I'll manage to change butler app itself or whatever. Thanks for help, nevertheless.

Hello, please add to the white list amocrm.ru ahhh! This is the official api of crm system

Where is the API documentation?

Known in Russia, the system of customer management amocrm.ru. https://www.amocrm.ru/developers/content/platform/abilities/. In the api requests need to knock mydomen.amocrm.ru/*

OK -- that's whitelisted now. BTW you have a paid account, so the whitelist doesn't affect you -- you have unrestricted Internet access.