Forums

Wierd 502?

Hi

I was fiddeling around with a function in my code that was supposed to send an email via Zoho.com. After trying to send a conformation email via the built in web2py, the website gives me a 502.

The only thing I did earlier today was to add two mx records. Did something happen on the servers or was it me breaking it with the MX records?

Hello, a reload seems to have fixed it. It is quite possibly that when you are making changes to to the webapp the server processes can get confused and broken because they are expecting a certain state. A reload should usually fix this though.

Hi

Yeah the reaload didnt fix it. Tried many times, the only thing that fixed it seems to be to delete the mx records. Really dont get that though.

Hi. No it was nothing with the MX records, it was all with the email. So strange, I tell web2py to send an email and it hangs. Then I reload the webapp and it goes 502 on me. Any idea what to do? Earlier today I just had to wait it out. Kind of suck since I haven't used a staging area. Which I definitely start using now.

Are you getting any error messages out of Web2py? In the logs? Maybe try adding some debug logging to see where it is happening.