Forums

How to change existing pyramid version?

I'm getting a few bugs in my app and noticed that you're running pyramid-1.3-py2.6.egg instead of 3.2, how would I go about setting a preference for my site?

Right now, we only run web apps in Python 2.6. This is going to change soon, though. Making the Python version configurable for web apps is VERY high on our priority list.

Any updates on this? I rely on a few functions not available in 2.6... (I'm 2.7)

Thanks, guys. I have upvoted the ticket for you and it looks like we'll get this done fairly soon.

Looking forward to this as well!

Same here. I do 95% of my stuff in 3x.

I don't like ambiguity, so I should clarify...I do 95% of my Python coding in Python 3.x.

Hopefully that was already clear, but you never know for sure unless you remove the ambiguity...:)

Oh no! We were hoping to just be able to switch over to 2.7 ;-)

Seriously, though, we're putting some significant work into the way we handle web applications -- it's looking like we're likely to move from Apache to nginx as the front-end server, as it seems to be better for this kind of thing, and will definitely make serving static files much easier -- and hopefully that will make it easier to get this done. I've upvoted the appropriate item on the to-do list, anyway.

I like nginx. Out of curiosity what do you think of Mongrel2?

PYTHON 2.7 IS NOW THE DEFAULT!!!11!eleventy!!

woo!

thanks to everyone for keeping the pressure on :)

Somebody's excited...☺

Thanks for all the hard work PA. I know it took a lot for this to be completed.