Forums

Did not parse stylesheet at ... because non CSS MIME types are not allowed in strict mode.

I am migrating a Django site that works / renders fine when running locally. I have cloned my repository, followed help to setup the server and am experiencing the above error; content is rendering, but none of my css assets are loading and after searching for a few hours I cannot figure out why. Some references point to a server configuration file (mimes.type?) that needs to have .css added. Since python anywhere doesn't expose it (that I can see), my guess is that's not the problem (and besides, I have to believe that's already there). Please help! I have run out of search ideas and what to try next.

The most likely thing is that your static paths are incorrect. Check what is happening with the css assets in your browser debugging tool when you load the page. If you get a 404 for the css assets then your static paths are incorrect and your need to check them.

I am embarrassed to admit this but just to close this out in case someone else does the same thing--I forgot to specify the static files URL (e.g. '/static/') and path/directory setting for the app. Once I did that the error went away. Thanks for your help!!

Excellent. Glad we could help.