Forums

How to share jupyter with people who don't have pythonanywhere accounts?

My jupyter notebook runs on my own account. How to share it with other people without logging in? I want them to run the cells.

I don't think there's a Jupyter-specific way of doing that, at least not on PythonAnywhere. You'd probably be best off extracting the code to a separate Python file, and then building a simple website to provide access to it.

+1 Easy sharing of notebooks would be useful. Even better if they were password protected.

Thanks for the suggestion! It's something we're thinking about; the big problem is security. People can embed JavaScript in notebooks, so if they're served via www.pythonanywhere.com, then they could share a notebook with you that can access cookies -- including session cookies -- and store them for later use. That would mean that an attacker could highjack your PythonAnywhere account, which would obviously be a bad thing!

There are definitely possible solutions -- we just need to work out what they are.

Hello everyone,

is there any news about it?

no news I'm afraid.

This is my dream: have a website with jupyter notebooks as interactive web pages (interactive ebooks?) for teachers of python, computational thinking, math, physic, machine learning, ... but I don't know the way.

That would be really nice -- still not sure how one would solve the session hijacking problem, though.

sharing notebooks would be really useful... some kind of shared time-limited logon token for shared sessions?

Late to the party, but ...

You can download the notebook as an HTML and post that to a web page, or download the page as an actual notebook and share that ... not quite what you are after, but gets you closer.

SteveJ

It's also possible to share notebook as a file. So any student can download it and run.

Hi this would be a really nice feature for teaching. Is there any progress?

Thanks for the suggestion. No progress yet.