Forums

error 502.

Hi guys, Imaging user: "502 Bad Gateway, nginx/1.4.1"

Waiting for your prompt resolution....

Sorry to hear that, we're investigating.

Hmm, that looks OK to me now -- on your web app I just see an unconfigured web2py app. Is that what you'd expect?

Now it works fine, even web2py.com had the "bad gateway" error in the same period of mine...

Giles, what do You mean with "unconfigured web2py app"? Tnxs.

Hi Imaging -- I mean the "Hello world" kind of page you get when you start a web2py app for the first time. Is that what you'd expect to see? (That said, I only looked at the top page of your site, perhaps you have content in subdirectorries)

Regarding the cause -- I think I've worked it out. On the web server where both your app and web2py.com live, someone had managed to start a web application that was using an excessive amount of CPU. This should be impossible, I'm trying to work out how that happened.

ok, this is not the first time I've seen that error. Waiting for Your next explanation, best regards. P.S. about my application, yes, the content is in subdirectories.

Thanks for confirming that, Imaging.

502 errors are a really unspecific kind of thing -- basically it means that the front-end nginx server that sits between your web app and the Internet was unable to contact your web app. Which could mean that your app was down, that the machine running your app was overloaded, that there was a bug in our infrastructure... pretty much anything, you'll see them whenever something is wrong with our service, and you could even see them if your web app had a bug (for example if it went into an infinite loop) -- though the last case is very unlikely.

In general, if you do see one then please do let us know and we'll look at our own logs and work out what the problem is so that we can fix it.

here we are, again.. "http://imaging.pythonanywhere.com/Italia" 502 Bad Gateway

We're having capacity issues at the moment. We're trying to keep the disruption to a minimum, but ask for patience while we work on a more permanent solution.