Forums

Virtualenv Install Problem

When I try to install any package into my virtualenv, this is the error I get:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/digtochina/.virtualenvs/discern/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 699, in <module>
    main()
  File "/home/digtochina/.virtualenvs/discern/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 679, in main
    paths_in_sys = addsitepackages(paths_in_sys)
  File "/home/digtochina/.virtualenvs/discern/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 282, in addsitepack
ages
    addsitedir(sitedir, known_paths)
  File "/home/digtochina/.virtualenvs/discern/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 204, in addsitedir
    addpackage(sitedir, name, known_paths)
  File "/home/digtochina/.virtualenvs/discern/lib/python2.7/site.py", line 173, in addpackage
    exec(line)
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
ImportError: No module named new

It was working yesterday and I don't think I have changed anything in my virtualenv since then. Any ideas or anyone else with this problem today?

I also forgot this part that came before:

Could not find platform dependent libraries <exec_prefix>
Consider setting $PYTHONHOME to <prefix>[:<exec_prefix>]

Thanks for the help in advance.

Thanks for reporting that, we're investigating.

OK, I think we've found out the cause, and it looks like it might be affecting quite a lot of people's virtualenvs.

I'll manually fix your virtualenv and then drop you an email so that you can check it out. If it works after that, then we'll script something to fix everyone else's.

Right, your virtualenv should be fixed now.

For anyone else seeing similar problems -- we're making sure that the fix to @digtochina's one works, and if it does we'll fix everyone else's.

Right, @digtochina has confirmed that the fix worked for him. So we're now putting together a script to fix everyone's envs. I'll updated on progress here.

All Python 2.7 virtualenvs have now been fixed. We're working on 2.6 and 3.x. If you have any problems with a 2.7 one, please let us know!

All Python 2.6 virtualenvs have now been fixed; once again, let us know if you have any problems.

We're just doing the 3.3 ones now.

All Python 3.3 virtualenvs have now been fixed; everything should work.

If you have any problems at all with any virtualenvs, please let us know and we'll fix them ASAP.

Hello, I have the same problem. :/

Looking into it...

OK, should be fixed now.