Forums

iPad Pro and Apple keyboard

I have an iPad pro and apple keyboard. When I connect to pythonanywhere from safari with my keyboard, the terminal size is very small (i can see two or three lines). Also, the browser window seems to have an already for the virtual keyboard, which doesn't appear with the Apple keyboard, thus taking up about 40 of the screen space.

Basically my question is: does pythonanywhere support the iPad Pro with keyboard? I am using safari, but could use a different browser if needed.

Thanks for a great product.

By the way, I can use a SSH client, which I am doing, but it would be sometimes convenient to use the browser on the iPad Pro to work with my code.

It definitely should work with an iPad with a keyboard -- we've got one in the office that we test on. But it's certainly possible that there's something wrong with our code that only shows up on the iPad Pro (our iPad's an older one).

Could you send us a screenshot to support@pythonanywhere.com?

Has this ben resolved? I am expericing the same

No, it hasn't.

I find I need to tap the screen in the console before keyboard input is accepted.

I like to use emacs, as my editor. Unfortunately the control-key and meta-key do not register from the keyboard. I have to keep tapping the screen to use those buttons. I haven’t tried other editors, so ymmv.

Thanks, that's useful information!