Forums

How do you guys use 'mailgun' with pythonanywhere?

I need to user 'mailgun' to send an email for the verification of my service by email.

So I'm using 'pythonanywhere.com' as a test server.

I want to know from guys using 'mailgun' with your account of 'pythonanywhere.com'.

May I add the domain 'account.pythonanywhere.com' into the domain list of 'maingun' ?

I saw that it's okay to user 'mailgun' with pythonanywhre even for free users (I'm not a freeuser') Then May I use like this way?

Help me please~

You can't use a domain name from pythonanywhere for Mailgun, as it's not one you own or control. You would need to use your own domain.

What PythonAnywhere has done is allowed access to the Mailgun API so that you can contact them to send an email.

I'm planning to use mailgun rather than gmail for my web app. Currently the site runs on google app engine which has a backdoor into gmail not subject to the same limits as gmail via smtp. mailgun supports smtp and for simplicity I plan to stay with smtp. For a paid PA plan, will smtp to mailgun work? Currently I've tested my web2py based web app on PC with mailgun sandbox (our own subdomain mg.<our_domain_name>.org isn't up yet) but of course the mg sandbox won't work on our still free PA account because of the SMTP limitation. Thanks!

Hi there, a paid account should work fine yes, they have unrestricted internet access, and that includes SMTP.