Forums

Facebook Posting Error

When I try to post to https://graph.facebook.com/<uid>/feed I get an error like this from the Squid Server.

Unsupported Request Method and Protocol

I use django, facepy.GraphApi to post the request.

graph = GrapApi( access_token) graph.post(path = "uid/feed, message = msg)

Thanks already

Hm, that seems odd... Have you tried running the same code from your home machine without a proxy? It would be helpful to see whether the problem is coming from the PA proxy server, or whether the proxy is just passing on an error from Facebook's servers.

Also, when you say "post" do you specifically mean a HTTP POST method? If you're trying to delete something, for example, I believe the Facebook API uses HTTP's DELETE method, and it's quite possible that PA's proxy isn't currently configured to accept that - that's something that the PA devs would need to check.

I suspect you can't do a POST via HTTPS. There are quite a few limitations when connecting through the proxy server. The error message is from the proxy and it seems quite clear.

Hacker accounts have unrestricted internet access which doesn't go through the proxy service at all.

The code works fine, locally. I have tried a lot of stuff, but what i am left with is to add a proxy. Is it worth to try? (proxy.server:3128) As far as I understand, squid proxy does not allow me to HTTP POST to facebook.

Thank you very much for clearing it out. Then there is no way around it, and people have to test posting stuff in localhost before getting a paid account. Is it right?

There's no way around the proxy unless you have a paid account, that's correct. You can upgrade your account and test it with no risk - if you find it doesn't work and you downgrade again within 30 days you can ask for a full refund of your first month's cost.

Thank you a lot for the quick help. Appreciated. Have a lovely day all.

is it woks for you? paid a premium account?

I believe it should work for free accounts since facepy uses requests and the bug that was causing the errors is fixed in the version of requests that we have installed.