Forums

My consoles are broked...

Whenever I load up a console from the consoles tab, I only get one line's worth of console, as shown by this. I've tried it a few times with lots of different consoles, both with and without Chrome's App Mode (as described in the recent blog) and it's still like that.

Oddly enough, I can use PA's demonstration IPython console absolutely fine (screenshot) although when I attempt to view it in the consoles tab again, it's broken like the others.

Does anyone have a solution?

That's a known bug that we're trying to work out a solution to. The issue is that our console does not play well with zooming in the browser. To fix it, hit Ctrl+0 (control-zero) and reload the page.

I have a similar problem. However, I don't even see a single line of console. The IPython thing is also blank for me. Ctrl+0 / reload doesn't change anything.

Screenshots: 1 2

This basically makes it impossible for me to use PythonAnywhere :-(

Just tried it in Chrome and it works (that was in Firefox). Still puzzling, though.

That's really weird. Which version of Firefox are you using? We test against a couple, but it might be something we've missed -- especially if you're using a beta or something (in which case we might have a problem coming down the line that will hurt other people when they go live with it.)

Oh, and also -- which OS?

It works now in Firefox for some reason (as it did before). The IPython thing works too. I have Firefox 20.0, on Mac OS 10.8.

Maybe it was just a one-time connection problem or something.

That's good. Also, remember you should never be afraid to reload the entire page. The contents of your console won't go anywhere. This could have been caused by some out of date css.