Forums

please add fedex?

$pip install fedex

Thanks.

It looks to me like that's a pure Python module - I just quickly tried a sample install on my PA account and it appeared to install fine (though I haven't done any serious testing), so this is probably something you can do yourself.

To install it in your top-level environment, you can do:

pip install --user fedex

However, I strongly suggest using a virtualenv for it so you can create separate environments for any other projects for which you use PA. Since the tools to do so are all already provided as part of PA, you can just do:

source virtualenvwrapper.sh
mkvirtualenv fedex
pip install fedex

The mkvirtualenv tool creates a virtual environment and also switches in to it. To use the same one again in the future, do:

source virtualenvwrapper.sh
workon fedex

You can put the source line in your .bashrc to avoid having to do this in the future.

If you want to use this library in a web app (which seems likely) then you should follow this tutorial, which explains how to use Django 1.4 in a virtualenv. In your case, however, you'll be installing the fedex library instead of Django 1.4, but it should be pretty clear which steps to ignore for you. Essentially the start of your web app will start something like this:

activate_this = '/home/ta2013/.virtualenvs/fedex/bin/activate_this.py'
execfile(activate_this, dict(__file__=activate_this))

Great tutorial :)

Thanks.