Forums

The PythonAnywhere affiliate scheme: trialling now

We've added an affiliate scheme to PythonAnywhere. It's pretty much the standard deal -- you have a URL that you can use to link to our site, and if someone follows that URL and signs up for a paid PythonAnywhere account, you get 10% of the money that that person pays us. You can "withdraw" the money to a PayPal address once it's cleared (that is, once PayPal has told us that it's really ours and the person who's signed up can't cancel the charge).

We're running an initial trial of it now, and we'd love to hear from anyone who'd like to give it a go! Anyone outside the European Union can join, as can anyone inside the EU who is not VAT-registered. If you'd like to try it out then drop us a line using the "Send feedback" link at the top of the page or leave a message in this forum thread.

I have my first affiliate friend. Looking for more!!

2013... i m watting for this... do it.. :D

+1

All paying users automatically get enrolled in the affiliate scheme... You should find a new tab in the accounts page?

Ah! Thanks Harry.

Will you be making any banners etc. for this?

Is it still only for non-VAT people in the EU?

Nice!

Just in case it's not clear, the only people who are not eligible are VAT-registered EU businesses. If you want to know why they're not, I can explain it. The accounting rules involved are an excellent cure for insomnia! We probably will change that sometime, but it will be a depressing amount of work in terms of working out the invoicing...

Er, just to clarify - are VAT-registered UK businesses eligible? ;---)

No

Thanks glenn, giles - I feel your pain re. the VAT.

Can I sign-up for this?

You can access the referrals tab from your accounts page after you have upgraded.

@conrad , @ glenn how to withdraw from ref balance ?

Drop us a line at support@pythonanywhere.com and we'll be able to help with that.