Forums

Remove Students From Teacher Account

I teach courses with Pythonanywhere and have my students add me as their teacher. After the course is over, I would like to remove my Teacher status from those students who are no longer in my class so that my dropdown list of students doesn't have former students. I tell my students to remove me as their Teacher in their PA account, but many do not. Is there a way to do this myself?

Ah. That would certainly be a good feature for us to add :D Do you have any classes ongoing right now? If not, we can just manually unlink all student accounts for you for now.

[edit by admin: you can now remove students from your account by going to the "Education" tab on the "Account" page]

Hi there, I am in the same case, I would love this feature. Could you please remove all students from my list as Teacher as well please? user: mfalonso I don't have any course right now, but I am starting 3 new courses In April and having former students in the list will drive me crazy. Thanks!

Ok. I have de-studented all of your current students. We have a ticket in the queue for providing a student management interface to teachers. I have upvoted it for you.

Hello Team, I have 14 students I'd like to remove from my list. Is the the feature available ? If not, would you do it for me (nicolaspoulain) ? Thanks

We don't have that feature available right now, but we will remove the 14 students for you.

Hello team - could someone unlink student accounts for me? (saged91) Thank you so much!

OK that's done.

Hello, I am going to start a new curse, I need unlink the students please!!!! (oscarhf)

Hi there, have removed all the students now, good luck with the new curse! (Freudian slip?) ;)

+1 for this feature. I have a bunch of students that I would like to have unlinked (b7jl). Can you please de-student them? Thanks!

sure- we will unlink all students from b7jl. Thanks!

Dear Support Team,

Can you unlink all my students from my account? My user name is jiexu2.

Thank you very much!

As I replied to your email, send us feedback with a list of the students you want to remove.

Dear Support Team,

I have the same problem. Could you please remove all of my students.

Thanks

No problem, that's done.

Hi there, can you remove me as teacher from the following accounts please?

SanjayAJ
rahulsinghrs
vaishaliraja
melodyucros
louisrampignon
brunocervantes
federicoIE
diegohernandezr
SeanArl
bgobbet
javiergalvis
IgnacioRuperez
mastelaro
dvndevin
jk6653284
anniepi
tamaiofloresn
cspineda
MiguelMarRom
pedervaa
natashasavic
vikramv1
RichardRohla
Dsaggese
idadav
laurenstc
assarasua
ritalcalde
Jhonycy
kamalnroy
Georgeka
maximelegelard
rhayashino
gsabbatucci
AndreaBlasioli
viretcedric
carlarajeh
alexo
lorosenberg
karimelshammaa
anchaljaiswal
samuelbrown
mariasolegraetz
victorkausch
Adedeji
NinaGorbenko
KarenDT
alvarorueda
nicolaslinsenmaier
veroniquewang
javiercontreras
kyalo
fergusb
Dosal

(please don't remove all, only the ones in the list)

[edit by admin: formatting]

Sure, no problem -- that's done.

Another +1 for this feature! In the mean time, please remove all my present student accounts. Thanks for the great platform! -Paulo

Ok. That's done.

Hi username: waseemriaz please unlink following students from my account

Muneeburrehman
Siddz
tahirkhudadad
tauqeerafz
umair123

Okay- we've removed them for you!

Hello, has the feature to remove students been added yet? If not I would like to make a request to have all students removed from my account and to have those accounts be deleted. They were for a class and are no longer being used.

Ok. I have removed the accounts as students from your account. We do not delete accounts based on requests from other accounts, though.

"We do not delete accounts based on requests from other accounts, though." That makes sense. Thanks so much for the quick response! Looking forward to watching python anywhere develop further!

:-)

Please remove all students from my account.

Ok. That's done.

Hmm. I'm so glad I'm not the only person wishing for some way to clear out the student list!

But anyway, yeah, I'd like that feature, too. I'd also like to be able to approve people adding me as their teacher to begin with.

What if I create some throwaway account and name you as my teacher? Then I can put things into your file space, can't I?

"Hey, check out the stuff at /home/<you>/../<me>/images/awful_stuff..."

You could even have students doing this to each other...

Seriously, this needs to be cleaned up. It's a great idea, but the relationship needs to be controllable from both ends.

Thanks, as always, for a great service!

Best wishes,

-greg

Yup, that's a good point -- we do prevent teachers from accessing their students' Jupyter notebooks (which are the highest-risk files because they can have embedded JavaScript that could potentially steal session cookies) but if someone managed to make some normally-innocuous kind of file dangerous (say, a JPEG exploit or something) then you wouldn't be protected. Requiring teacher approval for a new student is on our to-do list.

Hello. My account name is jamesholbert. Please remove the following accounts from my list of students: janetramer, pkevineye, rshehata, scastaneda37.

If possible, I'd also like to have my students unlinked.

I also need 5 students unlink from my teacher account. I have new students that have added this year, so please don't remove all of them. Only the five student accounts that start with "legacy*" need to be removed. Thanks!

Okay, we've removed the 5 legacy* accounts. Thanks!

You seem to really hate your students.

Hello, has the feature to remove students been added yet? If not I would like to make a request to have all students removed from my account and to have those accounts be deleted. They were for a class and are no longer being used.

The accounts are actually being used to raid Area 51

@thedasantana -- no problem, those are now disconnected. The accounts are registered to different email addresses to yours, so we can't delete them at your request alone, but we have sent emails to the registered addresses asking them to confirm deletion.

Hello, please unlink all students now linked to account joejimerson. Thank you!

No problem! That's done now.

Please remove these accounts from my johnkershaw account:

0000seungwon
hopeebennett
2021germaineh
2021jackpark
HOPEseungha
2021shekinahtsui
AlianaLim    
matthieupeduzy2021         
HOPEalexaborja
JaydenGreenfield
hopelblair
nadiaHOPE
seungchan    
HOPEhannahchhin
catslover

Sure, no problem -- that's done now.

Hello again. I will start soon a new course using python anywhere and I would like to make a request to have all students removed from my account. They were for a class and are no longer my students. Thanks.

No problem. That's done.

Please remove the 3 student accounts still linked to my account.

done, thanks!

No problem. That's done.

Please unlink the student Frithjof11 from the account herrgaber. Thanks :)

Please unlink the students - eouKatelynBass - eouMartinAlicia from the tcharrison account.

I have 5 students using Python Anywhere and the other 20 are using IDLE on their laptops, which I prefer. But I can only see one of the 5 student's programs on my account on Anywhere. They tell me they are sharing to my account but only one of the other 4 is showing up. And I cannot run the files that she is sharing. I am new to this - a substitute teacher for someone on maternity leave. I just cannot figure out what to do. Thanks for any helpo.

I can't see any student accounts associated with yours -- could you drop us a line at support@pythonanywhere.com with the usernames of the five students so that we can take a look?

could you please remove all students accounts associated with my account: nfishel. Please and thank you.

Hi there, I'm about to begin a new course. Could you unlink all my current students?

Hi ... I'm also about to begin a new course. Could you unlink all my current students?

No problem. That's done.

Thanks !

Hi Support team, Will you unlink the below-mentioned students from the account ASAP. Accounts need to cancel

2kfire
at203904
Derivonerx
dplantam
empowers36
gamaliel01
hanguyen1
 jtchan
Karteaga
Kernnadochea
mcconned
sb265281
stephmartnezz
SteveL1150
threethan

No problem. It's done.

The method to remove students described in that thread is no longer valid. We implemented a feature that allows teachers to remove students directly without the necessity of contacting the support team.

We replaced the Teacher tab on the Account page with more general Education one where you will find the user interface to manage your students.

Oh! never mind - I just discovered the feature in the account section that allows me to do it myself - thanks for doing this.