Forums

Console Closed

I want to run a python code but after few minutes the codes stop with console closed or killed message. I don't now why? Please help.

Our logs seem to suggest the kill requests are coming from the client... How are you running the code?

Hi,

I'm trying to run some neural network training codes. I'm able to run it on small data sets from my PC so I don't understand where the kill requests could be coming from. I've tried running it through Python 2.7 console as well as bash.

Are you using a very large amount of memory? If you use > 1.5GB (I think) then your code could be killed for that.

I have long-running Bash shells that 'die' for two reasons:

(1) Errors, e.g. losing contact with MySQL, or occasional character decode/encode probs. I get a full error trace on the console - definitely my problem!

(2) The consoles die for no apparent reason at random points, with no error trace at all.

Could type (2) be due to memory or CPU limits?

Thanks,

Jim

Further info: I learn that one of the consoles has died when certain output files haven't been updated for an hour or two.

When I click on one of the 'dead' consoles in the PA Dashboard, the screen is empty and the console then starts loading again and restarts.

Hi Jim,

We definitely restart our consoles periodically for maintenance etc.

For long running tasks, see the scheduled tasks solution here

The console was closed for no apparent reason. It as running for around 3 to 4 hours. Is this because of a maintenance issue?

Thanks!

That could be it. We don't intend for you to run long running tasks in your console. What was the console doing while it was running? If say it was very cpu intensive and you went way over your allocated cpu limit, we may also close your console to free up resources for other users.

It was just printing the dataframes it collected through an API. Thanks for your answer!