Forums

Saving a Jupyter notebook to PDF fails

New user here. I tried saving my Pythonanywhere Jupyter notebook to a PDF and it failed with the following errors. It appears there is a missing sty file. I thought LaTex was preinstalled. Am I missing something obvious?

nbconvert failed: PDF creating failed, captured latex output: This is pdfTeX, Version 3.1415926-2.5-1.40.14 (TeX Live 2013/Debian) restricted \write18 enabled. entering extended mode (./notebook.tex LaTeX2e <2011/06/27> Babel <3.9h> and hyphenation patterns for 9 languages loaded. (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/article.cls Document Class: article 2007/10/19 v1.4h Standard LaTeX document class (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/size11.clo)) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/fontenc.sty (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/t1enc.def)) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/psnfss/palatino.sty) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphicx.sty (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/keyval.sty) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphics.sty (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/trig.sty) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/latexconfig/graphics.cfg) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/pdftex-def/pdftex.def (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/infwarerr.sty) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/generic/oberdiek/ltxcmds.sty)))) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/caption/caption.sty (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/caption/caption3.sty)) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/adjustbox/adjustbox.sty (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/xkeyval/xkeyval.sty (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/generic/xkeyval/xkeyval.tex)) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/adjustbox/adjcalc.sty) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/adjustbox/trimclip.sty (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/collectbox/collectbox.sty) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/adjustbox/tc-pdftex.def)) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/ifoddpage/ifoddpage.sty) (/usr/share/texlive/texmf-dist/tex/latex/varwidth/varwidth.sty))

! LaTeX Error: File `xcolor.sty' not found.

Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed, or enter new name. (Default extension: sty)

Enter file name: ! Emergency stop. <read *>

l.43 \usepackage {enumerate} % Needed for markdown enumerations to work^^M ! ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced! Transcript written on notebook.log.

Looks like we're missing the xcolor package. We'll have a look at getting that installed.

By the way, just an update that we should have the package installed and exporting to pdf should be working now!