Forums

"Sorry your console process failed to start. Please try again ..." lately

Hey y'all i've been getting this error message about, oh, I don't know, 15% of the time I've tried to run scripts from the console for about the past hour or so, and also yesterday afternoon, about 20 hours ago.

Preparing execution environment...Sorry, your console process failed to start. Please try again.
If this persists, please contact support.
                                         Console closed.

One of our console servers is a bit sick at the moment. We're trying to nurse it back to health. While it's sick, you may see that error when you try to start a console and the console you start is assigned to the sick machine.

get well soon!

We think it's OK now, so if you continue to see the error, let us know. It would be helpful, if you could note the console server number that appears at the bottom of the console page as it opens.

Oh! It's back :(

Sorry about that! Should be back now. Let us know if you are still having any problems!

Im new to this forum and keep getting this error message, please can you let me know if there is a work around?

There's not anything that you can do, that's generally an issue on one or more of our servers. However, if you've made changes to your .bashrc or your .profile then that could be causing an issue.

Have this problem too. Just registered and when trying open new console python 3+ get error. 2.7 is working.

I doubt it's the console type. Could you check which console server it's starting on? It's the popup in the bottom left when you start a console.

Sorry, it's so fast closing for copy.

enter image description here

p/s/ Wow. So fast answer, i'm impressed.

3.6 is working now.

Cool. Thanks for letting us know.