Forums

What are the nameservers for pythonanywhere?

I am setting up a domain name to use with PA. The domain provider asked for name servers

Primary Name Server ns1.nameserver1.com

Secondary Name Server ns2.nameserver2.com

Tertiary Name Server ns3.nameserver3.com

what nameservers should I provide?

We don't provide name servers. Instead you should ask your domain provider to setup a CNAME to the webapp-xxxx.pythonanywhere.com address that we provide you on your webapps tab. See our help page for more details.

Some registrars require nameservers. I assume they should just be left to the defaults? E.g. hover has ns1.hover.com and ns2.nameserver.com

yes- you should keep the defaults.

Hello, I have a question related to this topic so I'm going to join this thread - I've set up my own domain name with GoDaddy but when I look up my webpage on google, it displays "your website is parked....". I asked Godaddy and they told me to add a nameserver but here in this thread I see that you don't give out nameservers... So is there a way to solve this issue? Thank you.

I don't know why GoDaddy told you that -- they definitely do provide name servers, and many PythonAnywhere customers are using them as their domain registrar. What you need to do is set up a CNAME using their site to tell their name servers that your site runs on PythonAnywhere's servers. There's more detail on this help page, including a link to the part of GoDaddy's documentation where they explain how to do that.

hello, you can point your domain to cloudflare and then from cloudflare point your cname records.

There is a separate feature for log running (infinite loop) tasks now See https://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/AlwaysOnTasks/

hello, i setup my name in go daddy, but i have this error.

There is a problem with your domain name configuration. Take a look at the DNS setup section below for details. Be aware that DNS changes can take some time to propagate across the internet. The exact time they take will depend on your domain configuration, but it could be as long as a day.

@indicepriximport Yes, sometimes it takes longer to propagate.

What's your domain name? What does the configuration look like? What are you trying to accomplish?

A good place to track DNS propagation is whatsmydns.net -- you enter your domain name (don't forget the "www." at the start) and set the dropdown after that to CNAME, and then it will show results from multiple locations around the world.