Forums

502-loadbalancer

My website (at www.bestap.beer) has been working fine, but now produces a 502-loadbalancer 'Something went wrong' when I try to load it. As far as I know I haven't changed anything. The error log contains:

2016-05-25 12:59:16,564 :IOError: write error
2016-05-25 12:59:16,565 :Error running WSGI application
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/bin/user_wsgi_wrapper.py", line 156, in __call__
yield response
GeneratorExit

which doesn't seem to cast much light...

Also, when I try to reload the site in the Web tab, I just get 'There was a problem. If this keeps happening, please send us feedback.'

Now it's working again...

Very sorry about that. One of our web servers was having some trouble then. Your webapp may have been one of the ones affected. We are looking into the cause of this, and we are working continuously to setup better monitoring/alerting/recovery.

Is this happening right now as well? I'm seeing the same error on my app.

If you mean the GeneratorExit error -- normally that kind of error shouldn't be a problem. It means that someone connected to your web site, then disconnected before we were able to send the page contents back to them. If it's only happening occasionally, you can ignore it -- it can be caused by network problems on the side of the person who's viewing your site, for example. If you're getting lots of them happening all the time, it might be a sign that your site is running slowly and so people are clicking the "stop" button in their browser or closing the tab.

Specifically, if you're seeing that error but you're not getting a 502-loadbalancer page when you visit your site, then it's not a problem.