Forums

Import Alchemy API

I have copied the file and ran the command to generate the key text file but keep getting this error... Any ideas?

2016-05-04 10:08:57 The api_key.txt file appears to be blank, please run: python alchemyapi.py YOUR_KEY_HERE 2016-05-04 10:08:57 If you do not have an API Key from AlchemyAPI, please register for one at: http://www.alchemyapi.com/api/register.html 2016-05-04 10:08:57 chdir(): No such file or directory [core/uwsgi.c line 1541] 2016-05-04 10:08:57 VACUUM: unix socket /var/sockets/rzbens.pythonanywhere.com/socket removed.

Do you know where api_key.txt is? and how does alchemyapi know how to find it? do you need to specify a path for where the file is? If so, are you using an absolute path or a relative path? (you should use an absolute path)

That file is automatically generated when you run python alchemy.py [APIKEY]

My problem is I'm not sure why it isn't picking it up. I've placed the file and generated the key text in both the site packages of my virtualenv and the actual project directory.

You'll need to check with the providers of the library and find out where the library looks for the API key.

Fixed the issue by simply adding my API key in to the source file instead of having it read a text file. Site is not up and running beautifully! Want to thank you both for being a part of a such an amazing service.

now* :)

Thanks for the clarification ;) and glad you got it working