Forums

White-List Domain "lima-city" and "lima-ftp" domains request

Dear PA - Team, Please allow the german domains "lima-city.de" and the ftp domain "lima-ftp.de". There are some files and apis stored which i would like to load from within my flask app. I would be very happy if you could put these domains WITH ALL SUBDOMAINS (BECAUSE MY ACCOUNT THERE IS A SUBDOMAIN: quiz2015.lima-city.de and quiz2015.lima-ftp.de) on the whitelist.

Thanks in advantage Your happy PA User Famecastle ;)

Sorry, we're not going to do that. Opening up a whole bunch of random sites that mostly don't have APIs is not in line with our policy. Also, FTP will not work at all with a free account.

Hello, Thank you for the response. I understand the security risks. Could please add {subdomain}.lima-city.de anyway? I only want to get the html using python. It is a site which you could also get using the browser. So there shouldn't be a risk, right?

No. It's not about security. It's about site operators getting annoyed with us when people scrape their sites.

Ok. But i only want to get some data from there. I won't scrape my site. (i am making an api). Please add it, please.

(you also added weather sites etc.)

Our policy is to only whitelist sites with published public apis. We can whitelist it for you if you can give us their api documentation.

Ok. Maybe i didn't explain enough. ;) I have some files there which i host there. I just want to get them. So there is no api because i just load html. But if it makes a difference i could make an api for loading my files using php.

PS: Thank you that you guys are so active answering my questions. At othet sites i have to wait weeks until i receive something ;)