I am wondering if you can help understand what i need to do differently. My understanding of the issue is marginal so the details below maybe confused.
- it's flask based web app, feel free to look at the code.
- the code sets this flask param: ( i am thinking this tells client browser to always fetch the js files)
app.config['SEND_FILE_MAX_AGE_DEFAULT'] = 0 (all the get static files have the Cache-Control set)
- before rq: GET, static, ......./static/js/dupsTab.js
- after rq: Cache-Control: no-cache, max-age=0
- the pyAny static files config param is set to: /static/ /home/[username]/mysite/static/
- the error indicates the newly added, 'durTimeDiff' in dupsTab.js , param is missing
- 2023-03-12 17:18:18,625: Exception on /Tabs [POST]
- Traceback (most recent call last):
- File "/home/[username]/mysite/[app fn].py", line 278, in Tabs
- durTimeDiff = rqJson['durTimeDiff']
- one user emailed about the error and i replied with clear your browser's cache and that appears to have the issue.
- the access log seems to indicate that user gets all the js/css files when they go to the site.
- why are a just few users failing to get the updated js file, when the vast majority get the updated js file?
- do you have any thoughts on what i need to do?
Hopefully this makes sense and thank you, Louie