Forums

Nginx, Gunicorn - ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement

I am new, maybe do not understand something in Deploying A Local Web App. After doing a git clone, setting up a virtualenv, I tried to install nginx, gunicorn, but got error:

(myvirtualenv) 15:16 ~/geekshop/geekshop (lesson_1)$ pip3 install nginx==1.20.1

Looking in links: /usr/share/pip-wheels

ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement nginx==1.20.1 (from versions: none) ERROR: No matching distribution found for nginx==1.20.1

My python is 3.7.

My image:

~ $ uname -a

Linux green-liveconsole11 5.15.0-1021-aws #25~20.04.1-Ubuntu SMP Thu Sep 22 13:59:08 UTC 2022 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

What should i do?

You cannot, and do not need to install nginx and gunicorn on PythonAnywhere. If you want to create a site, just create a web app from your Web tab.

i didn't get it. I have a web app (django) on github. I want to host it here. Will it work without nginx gunicorn? Do i need to make some configurations?

Apart from uploading the code to your account, pointing to that code in the wizzard, setting Python version, you'd basically need to adjust paths in the autogenerated uwsgi file. Have a look at our help pages.

Thank you