Forums

How to open and save an .ipynb file?

I assumed one could be opened within the Jupiter folder. I got an error message: "Unreadable Notebook ... NotJSONError("Notebook does not appear to be JSON."..."

Are you sure that your ipynb file is not corrupted somehow?

I don't have one yet. I am trying to create one but can't find the process for doing that. Is there a tutorial? I checked the web and found nothing that works. Apparently it is not as simple as creating a new file within the jupyter folder.

OK, I see the main problem. I typed in a filename in the field, clicked the notebook link and was told to log out, log in and try again. Here is the error message: "Authentication error

There was an error authenticating you with the Notebook server. Please log out of PythonAnywhere and then log back in again."

I logged out and and logged back in, but nothing has changed. I get the same error message when I try to create a notebook file.

Are you using Safari? We have a help page about that here. Alternatively, if you switch to the haggis system image, you will be using the new notebook server, which does not have that issue: https://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/ChangingSystemImage/

I tried firefox and silk browsers. However, haggis works! Thanks!

Great, glad to hear!