Forums

Tutorial for Django website running on pythonanywhere

Firstly, got to see I am addicted to PA. Finding so much value in it. The next feature I want to explore is running a simple website that exposes some data files for anyone to download.

Thinking Django will be fun/best tech for doing this.

Where do I start fellow PythonAnywhereistas?

I've seen this - https://blog.pythonanywhere.com/121/ It's flask - I could do that one you think?

I think I only have time to learn one python website methodology and django looks easier / more modern?

Update - sorted! found the django stuff on the PA help sites! status - learning django

Excellent, glad to hear that you found the resources you need!

Regarding Django vs Flask -- they're both equally modern, but Django does a lot more for you out of the box, while Flask tends to be extended to provide extra functionality with explicit third-party extensions. It's really a matter of personal taste, and what kind of site you're building. We use both internally inside PythonAnywhere -- our main site (the one hosting these forums, for example) is Django, but a lot of our internal microservices are Flask.

Either is a great choice for when you're getting started -- and TBF Django probably has more tutorials available.

thank you Giles.

No problem :-)