Forums

How to delete Account

I want to delete one of my Python Anywhere accounts, but I have not been able to find a button that allows me do that. Is it something I can do myself, or would I have to ask the PA team to help me do it?

Thanks.

Hi there -- to get an account deleted, just send support@pythonanywhere.com an email from the address you used to register the account. We'll reply asking for confirmation (so that someone can't send us a message with a fake "From" address and get us to delete an account) and once you've confirmed, we'll delete it.

Thanks. I actually got it solved.

I would like to delete my account. Please let me know the steps.

To get an account deleted, just send support@pythonanywhere.com an email from the address you used to register the account. We'll reply asking for confirmation (so that someone can't send us a message with a fake "From" address and get us to delete an account) and once you've confirmed, we'll delete it.

are you joking? I need to kindly write a special email to have my account deleted? what is it, 1995 or what?

Yup. We're so retro. We only just upgraded from using faxes.

haahhahaaha

for info: http://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/DeleteAccount

will your blog be deleted as well? and please what is --nuke option

Where are you seeing a "--nuke" option? When we delete an account on PythonAnywhere, we delete all consoles, websites, scheduled tasks and other files associated with the account. We keep any billing information for paid account (we have to, for tax purposes), and forum posts remain (though with the username replaced with something like "deleted-user-1234" like in the posts above).

The --nuke option came when I tried to create a new blog with the same username, an error occurred and I was asked to enter the --nuke option if I wanted to replace the former blog. Please how long does it take for the account to be deleted

If you are referring to the pythonanywhere commandline package (something you may have interacted with say over a djangogirls tutorial), the --nuke option is applicable for a particular webapp. ie. it is just a webapp / a webapp folder that gets deleted/overwritten. Your PythonAnywhere account itself would not be deleted.