Forums

Setup custom domain step by step

Hello. I have a paid plan and want to change the domain used by the app. The main domain points to github hosting, and for my pythonanywhere app I want to use a subdomain. The step I did was the following:

1)Changed the domain on pythonanywhere 'web' page to www.mydomain.com 2)Added a new CNAME record on my domain provider's account that pointed to www.subdomain (using the DNS Setup showed on pythonanywhere when you change the domain)

Are these steps correct to point a subdomain? Am I missing something? Thanks for answers.

That sounds like all you need to do.

I waited some days and I don't get the correct response: 'Coming Soon: Python Anywhere'. Take a look at the URL: http://www.api.astrid.network/bayc_floor_price_history

I don't see www.api.astrid.network set up on your account, the web which is actually deplyed has a different name and its DNS points to GitHub pages.

In my domain provider settings I set up two different CNAME records. One points to github (www) and the other one points to PythonAnywhere (this one points to www.api) . Maybe I can’t do that? Anyway, what you mean by ‘api.Astrid’ setup? I changed the domain in www.astrid.network as said before.

You only have one web app. It is served from www.astrid.network, not www.api.astrid.network. Your web app address needs to match the CNAME that you are using. If you want to use www.api.astrid.network for your web app, then you will need to change that on your web app configuration page.