Forums

Node on free account

Hi! I am just trying to make sure.

Setup: I have this account for myself and I have an extra account for the client (it's kinda his, but I control it, because he doesnt know what to do with it). I dont want to link them together (because of security thing + I dont really want to share the data in between projects that I am not an owner of)

Problem: node doesnt work on clients account (free) and works on mine (paid) Is it because of free account? If not - how should I proceed with installing node?

I need node to run a local js file (aka some convertion). I dont want to rewrite it to python since the code is long and old.

How is it not working? What kind of errors do you see there? Also -- here's a help page on how to install node on PythonAnywhere.

uh alright. I am sorry - I just thought that node was working right away on the older account.

I followed the instructions. I managed to set up node working - thank you

I still have a problem... [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'node' when I try to make a subprocess in django to use the .js file to calculate some input

subprocess.Popen(['node', 'global pathway', argv], stdout=subprocess.PIPE, shell=False)

also if I use nvm run [Errno 2] No such file or directory: 'nvm'

You can install nvm yourself using the instructions on the nvm site.

hmm but it's both installed now.

if I use command node global_path argv I get the response from the js file.

but if I use it on django server - I can not. what I am trying to do is to create a subprocess in url.py that tries to do something with the data. should I install everything in virtualenv altogether?

You need to use the full path to the executable that you want to run when using subprocess.

yeah! you are right. I didn't know that. thank you :)