Forums

Error code: 504-loadbalancer

I have problem access my website, it shows loadbalancer error?

Same, but it is a 502 not 504 for me.

I get the same 504 error. Entire app is unresponsive and unable to reload.

On a side note, how would you implement a custom error page so users don't see PA's default error page?

Now getting 502 Bad Gateway.

Got a message from Harry. All is back to normal and my site is live now.

Hi, I have the same problem right now. the error log doesnt show anything. Could u please fix this soon?

I get a 404 from your web app.

Just for clarity: a 504 error means that your web app is taking a long time to respond. The issue back on October 27, 2015 was a system issue that slowed everything down. It hasn't reoccurred recently, so the problem you saw on Match 24, 2017 may have been a problem with your code. Alternatively, maybe you were seeing a 404 ("page not found") error and it looked like a 504 for some reason?

Am receiving this error right now

the error log says

2020-07-28 12:34:20,192: OSError: write error

That is what happens when a client disconnects before the response has been sent to it. This can happen because your views are slow and your users stop the loading of a page or because there is a program accessing the site and the timeout on the client is shorter than the time it takes for the response to be sent.

Error code: 504-loadbalancer. My code takes long time above 1 hours to execute as its backend process is heavy. I want to keep the website active until the output is generated. Is there a way I can achieve this with a subscription or additional pay ?

Take a look at https://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/AsyncInWebApps/