Forums

What happened to the www.boardgamegeek.com outbound traffic?

Hi everybody, starting from yesterday evening, my free-tier app (basically a Telegram bot) does't manage to make any API call to the boadgamegeeh.com host anymore.

The resulting error message I see in the log is:

Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/requests/adapters.py", line 439, in send resp = conn.urlopen( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py", line 755, in urlopen retries = retries.increment( File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/urllib3/util/retry.py", line 573, in increment raise MaxRetryError(_pool, url, error or ResponseError(cause)) urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='boardgamegeek.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /xmlapi2/collection?username=informatica (Caused by ProxyError('Cannot connect to proxy.', OSError('Tunnel connection failed: 403 Forbidden')))

This is what happens to the API call performed to hosts not in the whitelist but I am pretty sure that the already mentioned host IS in the white list: https://www.pythonanywhere.com/whitelist/

Could you please help me with this issue?

Did you remove this host from the white list without updating the corresponding page?

Thanks in advance

It looks like the API changed its hostname to boardgamegeek.com rather than www.boardgamegeek.com, so we needed to whitelist that updated hostname. It should be working again now.