Forums

Does Python Anywhere support "asgi"?

I have a django project in which I have used asgi protocol for realtime data transfer through django channels. I was wondering if I can do that.

Not yet, but it's on our todo list.

So I've watched and waited for this because I really like pythonanywhere. I'm concerned that my patience is better spent elsewhere when developing with asgi given the history of asgi functionality, along with it being high on the list of TODOs, goes back 3 years. Although the project I'm working on here is quite small, I'm working on a much larger project that requires FastAPI specifically, and I would love to put it here instead of somewhere like Digital Ocean.

So realistically, is this actually something being developed or can it be assumed that only wsgi will be supported going forward?

It's the very next on our to-do list. We have a system update that will be going out soon, which will put some of the necessary pieces in place, and then the one after that should support ASGI.

DONE?

Not yet.

Its getting to the point where im going to hack you to enable it :P

Almost done?

Still not ready.

in development? I will use "channels" in cloud

not ready yet

When ASGI?

At some point

can we change code of wsgi to asgi to work

Not right now

please do it quick, i have been waiting for this for so long...

When ASGI

We're working on it, but no ETA.

ASGI??

Not yet but coming

Is there an ETA on this?

I'm afraid we don't have an ETA

ASGI?

ASGI?

@sdoolittle Contact us on support@pythonanywhere.com as we are doing closed beta tests of it.

Any updates?

We're still in the closed beta phase; if you're interested in participating, drop us a line at support@pythonanywhere.com.

Hi, I'm trying to host my web apps on a new Python anywhere account but getting an error that this web app already exists on the platform. My older account was suspended due to a strike on one of my client's websites.

Now I want to up my website but it's hard to restore the older accounts and difficult to publish on the new account as the domain is already registered with the older account and no way to remove it from there. I'm trying to send mail to support@pythonanywhere.com but no response so far.

Need help removing all associated domains from my older account zeecrim3@gmail.com or deleting all data from there and allowing me to register my web apps to a newer one.

Thanks.

What do you mean by "suspended due to a strike on one of my client's websites"?

One of my client's web domain was misleading the other business domain like Xfinity by Comcast, I checked the mail later. I got an mail from python anywhere to remove that web but unfortunately I was not up and the noticed period covered and python anywhere suspended my account instead remove that specific website from my account.

We already have a conversation with you via email, let's stick to one channel of communication.

ASGI

@spiska have a look here.