Forums

RAM usage

Hi Giles/PA Team

I hope all is well.

I am running a memory intensive process (audio processing using pydub). The process happens infrequently - maybe 5 times a day on average and lasts not more than a minute or so. But during that time the RAM usage can spike up quite high and it often triggers the auto-kill process that you have in place

Do you know if there is a solution to this? If we need to pay for a higher RAM limit we are happy to do so. I was also looking at ways to slow down the processing time on the basis it might reduce the overall RAM usage. Let me know what the best way to fix this

Many thanks

Hi -- please send us an email at support@pythonanywhere.com as it seems like a more individual case to discuss.

I'm having a similar issue, but my RAM spikes will only occur a handful of times per year with particularly large uploaded files that are being processed. Is there a solution outside of paying an additional $150/month? I love the support I've received on PA to date, and it is easy to use - I'd prefer to stick with you for hosting if financially feasible.

Similarly, contact us directly, as we need to understand your case better and see if we can help you.