Forums

Install Package on a free account

Hi,

I'm having trouble installing the tweetstream package on my free account.

Tried, pip install --user tweetstream, but this doesn't seem to be working.

Isn't it possible to install this package on a free account?

What error message do you get?

i get the "Invalid syntax error".

pip install --user tweetstream
File "<stdin>", line 1
pip install --user tweetstream
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Looks to be like you're running that command in a Python shell. You need to run it in a bash shell because pip is an operating system executable rather than a Python function.

Go to the Dashboard (top-right of your browser window) and under "Start a new console" select Bash. Try running the command there.

I have the same problem, I have opened a bash and this happened:

pip install python-telegram-bot File "<stdin>", line 1 pip install python-telegram-bot ^ SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Looks like you are also running it in python shell, not the bash one.

<h1>When I try to install Flask-PyMongo package I have following msg:</h1><br>

10:21 ~ $ pip install flask-PyMongo
<br><br>
DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7. More details about Python 2 support in pip, can be found at https://pip.pypa.io/en/latest/development/release-pro cess/#python-2-support
Looking in links: /usr/share/pip-wheels
Collecting flask-PyMongo
Using cached https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/67/b8/0322016b9ce09a64fba9018211e7c35fd51380527ffd9ea248744f389239/Flask_PyMongo-2.3.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl Requirement already satisfied: Flask>=0.11 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from flask-PyMongo) (1.1.1)
Requirement already satisfied: PyMongo>=3.3 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from flask-PyMongo) (3.9.0)
Requirement already satisfied: itsdangerous>=0.24 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from Flask>=0.11->flask-PyMongo) (1.1.0)
Requirement already satisfied: Jinja2>=2.10.1 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from Flask>=0.11->flask-PyMongo) (2.10.3)
Requirement already satisfied: click>=5.1 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from Flask>=0.11->flask-PyMongo) (7.0)
Requirement already satisfied: Werkzeug>=0.15 in /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from Flask>=0.11->flask-PyMongo) (0.16.0)
Requirement already satisfied: MarkupSafe>=0.23 in /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (from Jinja2>=2.10.1->Flask>=0.11->flask-PyMongo) (0.23)
Installing collected packages: flask-PyMongo
ERROR: Could not install packages due to an EnvironmentError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/Flask_PyMongo-2.3.0.dist-info' Consider using the --user option or check the permissions.

<h2> Please help me to install new packages </h2>

Consider using the --user option as per the message. Take a look at Installing new modules | PythonAnywhere help