Forums

Splinter Scheduled Task

When I run a script using splinter via scheduled tasks I'm sometimes getting the following error (though not every time).

raise WebDriverException("Can't load the profile. Profile "selenium.common.exceptions.WebDriverException: Message: Can't load the profile. Profile Dir: %s If you specified a log_file in the FirefoxBinary constructor, check it for details.

It happens as soon as I start the browser

browser = Browser()

I don't see this error at all if I run it via a console.

Are you running lots of scheduled tasks doing this kind of thing? I think we've seen that problem in the past when people have a lot of scheduled task processes running. You can see what processes you have running by clicking the "Fetch process list" button on the "Schedule" page.

There were some open. I think from this erroring in the past. I killed all of those and moved the task to run at a time away from any other, but still received the same error.

We think the issue was resource exhaustion on the task server you were running on. We believe that we've fixed it and we're writing some code to try to ensure it won't recur. Give it a go now.

I'm continuing to see this error. Is there anything else I should check?

Perhaps you could set the log_file property and have it log the details, as specified in the error message or maybe your profile has been corrupted and you need to delete it.