Forums

mysqldump: Error: 'Access denied; you need (at least one of) the PROCESS privilege(s) for this operation' when trying to dump tablespaces

Hi, I am unable to perform the "mysqldump" command as noted in the PA help. I was able to do this two weeks ago. I was notified of mysql maintenance on April 21 and wondered if this was the cause. I found this article in relation but would like some help in the matter. https://anothercoffee.net/how-to-fix-the-mysqldump-access-denied-process-privilege-error/

Thanks

After we upgraded your MySQL server to 5.7, you need to add --set-gtid-purged=OFF flag to your dump command. See Backing up (and restoring) MySQL databases | PythonAnywhere help

I did notice the change to your docs and tried it but I still got the message. Trying again this morning I still see the message but I noticed that the backup file is being written (I did notice some from last night that I missed). Any thoughts why the error message persists but the back up file is still created?

It looks like there are a few more flags that we need. Just add these, too: --no-tablespaces --column-statistics=0

Having all three flags returned mysqldump: [ERROR] unknown variable 'column-statistics=0' Removing column-statistics however produced the dump file with no error message. Thanks for helping. Not sure why the third flag works for you and not me.

Oh, good catch -- column-statistics option is supported since MySQL 8.0 which will be on the next system image. Our current version doesn't have this option.