Forums

IPython Notebook Kernel Crashing

The kernel for my IPython notebooks has become very slow to start and then instantly crashes and will not restart. This happens for any Python version (i.e. Python 2.7, 3.6). This is happening in the following directories: /home/KenPryor67/SkewT-1.2.0/SkewT-master /home/KenPryor67/nucaps_skewt/SkewT-1.1.0

Hi @KenPryor67 -- we had a problem with one of our servers, but it shuold work fine now. Do you still experience that behaviour?

Greetings- thanks for checking. No, the kernels work fine now. I also cleared out all of my running processes- that helped with kernel performance as well. Cheers,

Great, glad we could help! In this case it definitely was a server problem, but you might run into similar issues in the future if lots of processes pile up (and, as you noticed, you might get performance issues from the same cause) so killing all processes with names like "sudospawner", "kernel" or "IPython" in the running processes table on the "Consoles" page is likely to help if that is the issue.