Forums

CPU Usage keep increasing

Hi again! I noticed that my CPU usage is increasing even when no tasks are executing. I would like if is something and making bad. I give any permission if needed for that revision. Thanks in advanced for the support!

One possibility is that the CPU usage on your account is coming from Jupyter/IPython notebooks. They continue to run, even when you're not viewing them, and when they're idle they "sip" CPU power at a rate of about a second per minute. In the processes table at the bottom of the Consoles page they'll have names like "jupyter", "sudospawner", or "kernel". It can be a bit tricky to spot that they're using up the CPU because they do it by spawning a new process, which uses up about a second, then exits -- the parent process that's doing the spawning doesn't use up much CPU by doing that, and of course the processes that start then stop are very ephemeral, so you will probably not see them.

I don't have any jupyter notebook, just tasks and py files :/

I can see that there are notebook processes running inside your account -- perhaps you started one then closed it and forgot about it?

If you follow the steps that @pafk mentioned above, that should fix the problem.

Thanks a lot! it was hidden :D

OK, glad you figured that out.