Forums

recovering deleted files

I accidentaly have overwrite an importanr file on the server and lost important data.

Is there a way to recover recently deleted files?

thanks, Jaime

Send an email to support@pythonanywhere.com with the file that you want to recover and when you overwrote the file.

Be aware that, since our backups are designed for system recovery and not for recovering individual user files, the restore can take a day or more.

thank you, I will do

I accidentaly have overwrite an importanr file on the server and lost important data. The file name is index.html file from the path /home/youthindiaevents/new_events/templates. please help to recover. thankyou

@youthindiaevents please send us an email at support@pythonanywhere.com providing the full path of the lost file and the time when it was last in the state you want to be recovered, and we'll see what we can do.

I have corrupted the file:

/home/gach3ch3/django_projects/mysite/mysite/wsgi.py

Plese can you restore the original wsgi.py file? Thanks for your attention.

Send us an email at support@pythonanywhere.com providing the full path of the lost file and the time when it was last in the state you want to be recovered (in UTC), and we'll see what we can do.

Be aware that, since our backups are designed for system recovery and not for recovering individual user files, the restore can take a day or more.

complete files and database got deleted anyone please help me

I see you started a new thread about this, so I'll answer there.