Forums

Configuration with cloudflare using HTTPS

Hi,

I'm using cldouflare as a CDN for my app, and I also want to upload a SSL certificate from cloudflare to my app.

Here is what I've done:

1. In cloudflare, I've setup a CNAME from mydomain.com to www.mydomain.com, and a CNAME from www.mydomain.com to webapp-697835.pythonanywhere.com
  2. In cloudflare, I've created an "origin certificate", and I've uploaded it to my web page in pythonanywhere (I followed https://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/HTTPSSetup)
  3. In cloudflare, under SSL/TLS -> Edge certificates -> Disable Universal SSL, I've disabled universal SSL
  4. In cldouflare, under SSL/TLS -> Overview, I selected Full (strict) encryption

I get error 526 when trying to access mydomain.com. However, www.mydomain.com works fine. How to make mydomain.com accessible?

Thanks

I'm guessing that you've getting the 526 error because your certificate on PythonAnywhere is for www.mydomain.com and not for mydomain.com. Your best bet is to configure CloudFlare to redirect mydomain.com to www.mydomain.com instead of using the CNAME.