Forums

pythonanywhere server with infinite while loop

I am using pythonanywhere server to run my python script... the script is a whatsapp bot script which replies to the user queries. I want to add a while(True) loop until a specific event has not happend

My questions is that can I use an infinite loop in my script where its waiting for one user to complete that event which terminates the while loop, meanwhile my server is replying to another users? or is my interpreter going to get locked in one script and will not be able to reply to other user?

Can I do all that with creating a deadlock?

and what does it when it says in the logs that *** uWSGI is running in multiple interpreter mode ***

The message *** uWSGI is running in multiple interpreter mode *** just means that our web-serving infrastructure is running in a mode where it can handle different Python interpreters (eg. 2.7, 3.6, 3.8, and so on).

For your bot, you should not use an infinite loop. The right way to do what you're aiming to do depends very much on what API or system you are using to interact with WhatsApp. How does it work? How does it notify you when people send messages to your bot? How do you send responses?

Thats great info thanks, really appreciate your time. png to ico