Forums

Accidentally deleted project

So I accidentally deleted my project. I couldn't find any recovery button, so I tried to clone the project again and try to remake the project that I just deleted. But I'm struggling to do so and I won't get the images back by doing so. Is there a way for my deleted project/folder to be recovered? If so, do I need to delete the new clone I just made in case of confliction?

We do take daily backups, but they're designed for disaster recovery rather than point-in-time restores, so it can take up to 24 hours to recover a file or directory. If you drop us a line at support@pythonanywhere.com saying which directory you deleted and exactly when you deleted it we can take a look and let you know what backup options there are.

Thanks for your reply. I don't know the exact time I deleted it, it was somewhere between 13:15 (1:15 PM) and 13:37 (1:37 PM). I hope that time will do, I'll send the email now.

Thanks! We see your email in our support mailbox. We will reply there.

Hello, I was following along with the tutorial and some how deleted the web site - now I can’t make a new one. Can you reset my account, or put the folder back so I can go on.

Thanks, Ella Moore

If you would like your account reset, the easiest thing would be for us to completely delete it -- then you can sign up again with the same username (or a different one if you prefer). To do that, just send us an email at support@pythonanywhere.com requesting that your account Emoore415 be deleted.