Forums

Error log not updating

Hi, I'm trying to restructure my site files. In doing this it seems I've lost feedback from the error log.

The last error log update i received was:

2020-08-18 17:19:27,227: Exception on / [GET] Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py", line 2

I tried going back to a simpler folder structure, the website loaded just fine. Then I come back to the new folder structure (site not loading) and I see the same error and time stamp. I maybe missing something very obvious but I feel lost to alternatives. Any advice?

I am having the same issues - neither error log or server log being updated.

Sorry about that, we had a problem with the logging system yesterday -- it was fixed a few minutes after these posts were made.

Yes, it seemed to come back up very soon afterwards. Thanks!!!

Excellent, thanks for confirming!

My error log is still not updating as it should. I’ve been waiting for nearly an hour now and it has not updated. Is there still an issue going on?

The logging system is working fine at the moment -- what errors are you expecting to see in yours? I don't see any errors on your site right now.

I am having a similar issue. Even after making the changes, my error log does not update. I even deleted my web app, started a new one and I still get the same errors even after I fixed the problem in one of the files.

What kind of errors and how did you fix them?

Hello, having the same issue right now. Website is working, but server/error/access logs are not updating :-(

Thanks for reporting -- it should be fixed by now. Sorry for any inconvenience!

That's ok, meanwhile I learned how to pull logs directly from Django :-D

That wasn't a wasted oportunity for sure!

Hello, seems like bugs with log again, i still see my old version of cod logs

*error logs are not updating for me

We have had issues with logs over the last few days, but they are working at the moment.

Hello, having the same issue right now. I want to check where the error is as soon as possible. Thank you.

Did the missing logs eventually appear in the logs or are they entirely missing? Maybe logging was slow for a bit?

error log is not updating

Is your app definitely receiving requests and being started up?

Yes

I see that you have two websites associated with your account; one of them appears to have errors being logged, and the other is for a domain that doesn't seem to have been pointed at PythonAnywhere. Could you clarify which of the two sites you're having problems with? So that you don't have to publish the name of your site in these public forums, just let us know what the first letter of the site's hostname is.

error log is not updating

I can see errors going in to the log at the moment; are you sure you're looking at the right part of it? The most recent error is always at the bottom of the file.

error log not updating?

Either you need to wait a little bit for the error to make it through the logging system or perhaps your app is not logging anything to the error log.

Hello, Access log:XXX.access.log and Server log:XXX.server.log are updating. However, Error log:XXX.error.log is not updating. Python 3.9.5 Flask 2.0.0 Werkzeug 2.0.1 I would like to know how to enable error log recording. Thanks!

It may be not updating because there are no errors. Are you expecting some extra logging there?

Thank you for your reply. Adding one line to the code results in the following error. I want to know the cause. But nothing is recorded in the error log. I tried this many times.

Something went wrong :-( Something went wrong while trying to load this site; please try again later. Debugging tips If this is your site, and you just reloaded it, then the problem might simply be that it hasn't loaded up yet. Try refreshing this page and see if this message disappears. If you keep getting this message, you should check your site's server and error logs for any messages. Error code: 502-backend

Hi there, it looks like your CNAME is not set up correctly

Hi, My website is working normally and I can access the website via web browser. However, after adding one line to the code and saving the code and reload the website, the following error will appear in the browser screen. I want to know the cause of the error. Nothing is recorded in the error log. Is it CNAME setup related?

"Something went wrong :-( Something went wrong while trying to load this site; please try again later. Debugging tips If this is your site, and you just reloaded it, then the problem might simply be that it hasn't loaded up yet. Try refreshing this page and see if this message disappears. If you keep getting this message, you should check your site's server and error logs for any messages. Error code: 502-backend"

502s can be caused by many things, so we have a help page to help you to debug them: https://help.pythonanywhere.com/pages/502BadGateway/

Thank you. I read the help page. I can't figure out the cause of the error. Nothing is recorded in the error.log. Is it normal behavior that no error logs are recorded at this error?

What's the line that you added to your code?

import module_a1 import module_a2 import module_a3 When the last "import module_a3" line is added to my code, "Error code: 502-backend" appears. There are module_a1, module_a2, module_a3 in same directory and the module contents are almost same.
No error logs are recorded.

It looks like your domain (tmassist.net) is not pointed at the PythonAnywhere CNAME but has an A Record (35.173.69.207). Is your site hosted elsewhere as well? This is why youre not seeing any logs in the error.log, the requests to your site are not reaching PythonAnywhere

Thank you very much for your answer. May I ask further questions via email (your support email address) in the future as it may cause a security issue?

Sure, email us at support@pythonanywhere.com