Forums

Doubts aboout being in the tarpit everyday for a long time.

Hi, my script is not too efficient yet, so it takes a long time to execute completly. My limit of CPU now is 2000s, but it used to take 4000 s. Yesterday i added more code and it will take more time. But today, when it is on 6000 s it stops, no ends yet or just end a pice of code, Im not sure. But in the task log I don't see anything, before i used to see normaly the return code 0 or 1 or other. But now not. Is there a limit of CPU second? That's why my script stops?

With your account you get 2,000 CPU-seconds a day; that's the amount of time for which you can use the CPU at 100% utilization -- if your code is doing things that don't use the CPU at 100%, the total amount of time your code can run for will be longer.

When you've used up all of your CPU-seconds, you will go into the tarpit. When that happens, your code will continue to run, but it will just get less CPU resources. It's only when you've used up ten times your quota of CPU that your programs may be killed.

Anyway, I suspect that the problem you're seeing in this post is actually not related to any of that. We had a system outage yesterday as a result of a faulty disk, and tasks had to be reset at around 20:00 UTC -- pretty much the time when you posted your message. So the best thing is probably to see if it runs OK today; if it does, then that was probably the cause.