Forums

My website keeps forever to load

it's a very lightweight website, and was working totally fine last week, then I cam back today and it's acting up After taking so long it keeps getting this page >> Something went wrong :-( This website is hosted by PythonAnywhere, an online hosting environment. Something went wrong while trying to load it; please try again later.'

I do see a lot of lines like this 2020-06-22 13:15:27,557: OSError: write error on my error log PLEASE HELP

The "OSError: write error" message appears in the log when the client disconnects before the response has been sent to them.

If you're getting the "Something went wrong" page, the first thing to do is check your error logs for tracebacks that you can use to debug the problem.

For the speed part - Your web app has one worker. If it's busy handling a request, then incoming requests will have to wait in a queue before they are handled. If you have one or more views that take a long time, then they may hold up the worker and prevent other views from responding quickly. Check your access logs - there's a field in there that shows how long a request took to process (it's called response-time). You can use that to determine what your web app is doing.

I am having a similar issue with a video loading. Last week it was fine, the last 3 days it was slow and today the video isn't loading at all.

Is this a python serve issue?

We are currently discussing this over email and there is some history in the email chain, so it's probably better to keep our discussions there.

I have similar issue with my app. It says something went wrong try again later and down below says Error 504 - loadbalancer. On my local machine it works perfectly. The error log says OSError: [Errno 98] Address already in use. The server log says :

DAMN ! worker 1 (pid: 12) died, killed by signal 9 :( trying respawn ...
2023-01-23 20:25:58 Respawned uWSGI worker 1 (new pid: 22)
2023-01-23 20:25:58 spawned 2 offload threads for uWSGI worker 1
2023-01-23 20:25:58 Mon Jan 23 20:25:58 2023 - SIGPIPE: writing to a closed pipe/socket/fd (probably the client disconnected) on request /static/style.css (ip 10.0.0.83) !!!
2023-01-23 20:25:58 Mon Jan 23 20:25:58 2023 - uwsgi_response_write_headers_do(): Broken pipe [core/writer.c line 248] during GET /static/style.css (10.0.0.83)

Please help!

How did you run your web app? Did you set it up on the Web page?