Forums

Increasing only Disk space

I see that each additional GB of Disk Space costs $0.25.

Is it possible to have additional GB over the Hacker ($5/month) plan, so it totals at $5.25?

The lowest price I can get from Custom plan is at $8.

Sure! If you just slide all of the sliders on the custom plan popup to the lowest level, you will get a price of $5 -- then you can bump up the disk space as much as you like. Alternatively, just click on the "Hacker" button -- that will pop up the same window, and you can adjust things there.

Hi Giles! Thats what I'd have thought, however it doesnt seem to be the case. Perhaps I may be doing something wrong.

https://i.imgur.com/mHoPf7h.png

But the Hacker route works, thanks!!

Glad I could help! It looks like the "CPU seconds" in your image wasn't quite all the way over to the left -- the minimum is 2,000, and it was showing 5,000. Because that slider can go up quite high, the couple of pixels to the right that it was added on $3.

Ahh, you're right! I assumed that was already all the way to the left, silly me.

Also, if i have two web apps, what would the domain of the second one be?

Normally if people create a second website they would be using their own domain -- that is, they would have bought somedomain.com from somewhere like Gandi or GoDaddy, and then would set up the second site to serve www.somedomain.com. But if you don't have a domain name that you'd like to use, there is a hack to use a second subdomain of pythonanywhere.com -- when you are creating the second site, you would specific that it is on a custom domain (which is where you would normally type something like www.somedomain.com) but specify instead something like

mysecondapp-pyramidDB.pythonanywhere.com

...where the "mysecondapp" can be any combination of letters and numbers. Then your second site will show up there.